Monday, March 30, 2009

Finding Max B.

By Carolyn Baxter aka Kulcha
Max B. Was not the most widely known rapper and far from the best. But he
was cute, something new, and different on the rap scene. He was finding his way and no one knew what to expect from him, which was exciting. It’s funny how Rap music has a double standard. No not when it comes to Woman (Let me not get started on that)But the standard that if you are a REAL gang-star meaning you do what you say and say what you do, The Industry backs away from you…Yet in the musical scene rappers rep this crime and that crime and as we all know aint ‘’bust a grape’’ let alone a cap. Guess that is why most Rap is ‘’sweet R+B with a few lines of some body speaking calling it rap.
The Poet Miguel Pinero said it best ‘’I had to keep doing Bad to write Good’ Truer words were never said when it comes to writing about the street because the street changes, yet stays the same…if that makes any sense. (You’d have to come from there to what I mean) Being a person that has served my bids and done my dirt. I have learned a few things.
1. You do your dirt by your lonely and 2. Everywoman I know that was locked down…it was due to, or because of a man. Even if it was just emotional like in my case my man was a square and I didn’t want to hurt him.. or listen to him. So I went with others as a leader and a follower. Depending what was up. Maybe that works in reverse to when it comes to a man?
It really stinks for an artist like Max B who was just finding his voice to have this situation of a Murder Beef to befall him, Most people don’t ‘’Look out’’ if you need 100 bucks more to make ya rent ..Let alone a ‘Murder Beef’’.People head for the hills along with the fake ass Music exec’s .Half of which cant even keep their Chains around there neck. So ya know when Real street Trouble rears it’s know ugly head. The Disappearing act is in Effect!
I think Max B is street savvy enough to know enough that ‘’greed’’, And That second, thought after everything is done and other peoples B.I.G mouth, will get you every time. Now you can’t go by what you read But...If they say they found 30K DAMN that’s the worst! So after the smoke clears no matter what happened. You mean No one got paid?
DAMNNNNN!
That is almost like a Max B rap in itself. The pressure the music industry puts on an artist to get Chips to contribute to their Career is Criminal in itself. It’s Like Yo!…If I had that much Scratch,…would I be looking for you to Produce me?…or ’’Just a Distribution deal?
Both situations are seeking the artist to have Mega Bucks just to be an artist. Now I can speak from experience, being an artist an a ’’Criminal’’ is a great combination. It always give you fodder for many a good story to express., in a variety of forms…It’s just that it is hard to do BOTH at the same time. And Trust me the kinds dough the music industry is talking about to get behind an artist these days….You have to do both at the same time. Kind of rough booking a promotional tour for an artist that is Locked down. Talk about ‘’Double standard’s’!
I am hoping for the best for my Homie Max B, as he is The ‘’Original Harlem’’ all the way Live. I am expecting the best also when it comes to our Renegade Brotha. Hopefully if we keep him in the limelight, on the web, and in discussion. People will not forget a Man that was just about to blossom into a full fledged Professional Rap artist. With many ’’Original’’ stories to tell.
I have learned from the street many things that keep me alert and sane in the square world. The elements that I can apply to the square world from the street are 1. Its never to late to re-invent yourself and 2.The Best Revenge is success. and only Max B. knows which Demons to apply that to, all the Best to Max B.
Keep Max B out of Jail Now!
Carolyn Baxter’s New Hip Hop Book Platinum Dreams Lead Reality@ Amazon.com is the First Rap book of Real street /Prison stories mixed with Poetry as a Tribute to the Great rappers of our time. Baxter is a Published writer in the Screen actors Guild/a spoken word/rap artist/BARD College Scholar.
Myspace.com/cellblock2
authorsden.com/carolyncbaxter
Cornbreadgritsanpolitics.blogspot.com

No comments: